3 Tips To Lower Blood Sugar
by· Published · Updated
If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, it’s distressing to think that the only ideas for how to lower blood sugar are to restrict your diet even further than you already have or add yet another medication to your daily regimen. Wouldn’t it be great if there were other, more natural ways you could manage your health?
Sometimes, in spite of your best efforts to eat right, blood glucose levels just won’t budge. And adding more pills just doesn’t sound like the right answer for everyone. Keeping it simple may be the key if you’re looking for how to lower blood sugar.
Not Just For Diabetics
The following health tips are sound, practical advice for everyone. Diabetes and pre-diabetes continue to be on the rise. Elevated levels of glucose in the blood increase the risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, and a host of other serious health conditions. Everyone can decrease their risk of chronic disease with these simple ideas for how to lower blood sugar levels.
- Get Enough Sleep
Health experts are now reporting that lack of quality sleep is related to several serious health conditions. It’s now known that depriving your body of needed rest is associated with conditions that include cancer, stroke, and cardiovascular disease. And it makes it harder for the hormone, insulin, to do its job.
How much is enough? Experts say that about seven or eight hours of sleep per night is best. If you’re having trouble falling or staying asleep, try these suggestions:
- Avoid strenuous activity at least three to four hours before bedtime
- At least an hour before bed, discontinue your use of all “screens.” This includes:
- Television screens
- Computer screens
- E-readers or tablets
- Cell phones
- Try to set a routine bedtime, even on weekends. And get up at the same time every day, too
- Avoid caffeine at least six hours before bedtime
If you’re still having trouble, you may want to explore other possible solutions, such as eliminating or shortening a mid-day nap, or if noise disrupts your sleep, adding a sound machine.
- Smooth Out Stress
When you’re anxious and edgy, your body tries to store more energy in the form of fat and glucose, so it’s available for use when you need it. However, if not all of this extra energy can be picked up by your cells because of diabetes, for example, your blood sugar will increase.
Lowering your stress level is good advice for how to lower blood sugar, but it isn’t always easy to do. Here a few ideas that may help:
- Focused deep breathing: Taking even five minutes to sit quietly and concentrate on your breathing can be very relaxing. Close your eyes and, while slowly counting to five, take a deep breath in. Then, while counting slowly to five, exhale. Focus on your breathing, while trying to relax your shoulders, neck, arms, and back.
- Practice gratitude: Fill your mind with all of the blessings you have received. Concentrate on what you have, rather than on what you lack. What gives you joy? Think about these things and write them down in a daily journal.
- Exercise: Moving, even a little, is one of the best ways to manage tension. Set a small goal to walk or stretch for even 10 minutes a day to start releasing feel-good chemicals. This is an excellent idea for how to lower blood sugar levels by relieving your stress.
- Meditation: Prayer and meditation are great tools for eliminating tension. God has promised to hear when we come to him. Take your anxious thoughts to Him.
Other ideas for relieving stress include learning a new hobby, reading, or talking things out with a trusted friend.
- Let Us help: HL12
HL12 from Holy Land Health is one of the best and easiest ideas for how to lower blood sugar levels. Many of the challenges you face when setting healthy goals are not easy to overcome, but we make it simple. HL12 is a blood sugar supplement that contains healthy ingredients from the Holy Land like cinnamon, chromium, and ram’s horn. Why not can join thousands of others who have seen their blood sugar stabilize?
If you thought that limiting your favorite food or taking another drug were the only ways to get your health under control, think again. For how to lower blood sugar, think simple and natural.